October 5, 2010

The Earth is beautiful

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life." --John McConnell, peace activist and co-founder of Earth Day.

credit

I fell in love with this quote -- it's so inspiring to read about how Earth Day was such a huge, powerful movement that brought about awareness. I want to change things -- to make people aware of how beautiful nature is! We are all too caught up in our books and our concrete buildings here at school.

I bought a bag of flower bulbs. I think I'm going to wait until midnight and sneak around this sleepy, little town planting flowers in the barren flower beds. It's my little secret.

2 comments: