October 8, 2010

Trust the Wolves sketch.


A preview of a painting I'm working on. It's the hardest thing in the world to find time for personal projects right now, but I feel like this one will really be worth it. At the bottom is a wolf I had cut out of my sketchbook. I slapped on a thick layer of oil pastel on top of an acrylic underpainting and carved into it with a needle for my line work. I really like the effect and I'd like to use it, but the texture wouldn't be right for this particular piece. She wanted more of a "gauzy" watercolor feel, and I am just as happy to play with that as I am with this scratch art.

3 comments:

  1. What's that saying from!?
    I've heard it before and now it's driving me crazy!
    Hahaha.
    I can't wait to see the final piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Instructions" by Neil Gaiman. I posted it earlier in my blog or maybe you read the poem on your own. He's pretty popular; he wrote Coraline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesyes!
    I know Neil Gaiman well.I didn't realize that he wrote that, though. That poem was in a book I read when I was like, 10.

    ReplyDelete