May 16, 2011

Paintings and Rain.

I wish I were a mermaid.
I would float on the ocean floor
collecting sticks and seathings.
That's all I'm really doing right now anyways
Floating around and collecting things off of the floor.



- "Feeling", acrylic and charcoal on canvas, 16" x 20".


It has been raining for days. I'm keeping myself locked up here making things out of old paintings. Much of the past day was spent sitting out in the rain and that was refreshing -- nature is just the most charming thing I know. And then I come in to paint and think that it's so funny that at one point not too long ago I spent all of my summers trying desperately to get myself to draw at least once a day, now it is all I want to do. It's the only thing keeping my interest.



"Under the Leaves", acrylic and charcoal on canvas, 16" x 20".


I'm determined to not only lessen my impact as an artist on the environment but also to find some use for all of these failed projects burying me in my work space. So I'm gessoing over nearly everything not worth keeping and re-using the surface. Buying new paper will probably not be necessary for ages.


No comments:

Post a Comment