January 4, 2012

Drinking tea tonight.

I can't stop thinking about the magic that is all around us on this planet.
As a child, I moved through this lens. The world was beautiful, and we played out in the woods all summer to explore it. Somewhere, somehow, growing up takes that feeling away from us. When I finally pried my eyes away from the television, from the social drama that had taken over my life and the politics, I realized that such a simple thing existed right under my own two feet. There is such incredible beauty in every leaf and every stone.
Why is it so hidden from us in the first place?

I know now that it was never hidden at all, and is in fact, the loudest thing in the universe. It screams. I can only hope that my work helps to bring people closer to hearing this or connects me with people who are already there.

No comments:

Post a Comment