June 1, 2012

Absorbing good things.



I am taking this time to fill up my cup, to explore places I've been meaning to explore, to ignore that to-do list that is constantly clicking through my head. Rain has been coming nearly every evening to drench us in waves of cool air, to soften the pages of my book, and to refresh the garden that we planted last week. This garden has been a delight. It has attracted butterflies, all kinds of different moths, and beetles. I've been watching as the beetles introduce themselves to their new neighbors. In the morning after checking on our newly-planted friends, I sit in the shade and admire the hornets who have been tirelessly sculpting their new palace under our porch. Their work ethic is admirable. Sometimes it is healthy to just sit and absorb good things like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment