November 5, 2013

Two Sketchbook Pages


October is enchanting, November makes my heart feel raw
it's the weather and the knowledge that this is the last week for good fall colors and then the leaves will all be dead and browning at the base of the trees. Don't misunderstand me though, I like winter... it makes for good cold-weathered adventures and nostalgic family reunions... but I am twice as hungry and twice as sleepy during the winter, and much less likely to be able to focus on painting for more than an hour.
My toes get cold in the studio pretty quickly. Despite all of these complaints, I've been timing myself to work on art for at least four hours a day, even if I work at one of my other non-art jobs that day. Sometimes I find myself staying crouched on the floor of my studio furiously working away at a painting for even longer than my timed session.
Minus the discomfort caused by cold toes, it feels pretty good to be working so hard.


Some silly things happening in my beloved sketchbook:




(Whomever you are, I sincerely hope you are doing well and are also enjoying the weather - wherever you are and whatever kind of weather that might be.)



No comments:

Post a Comment