January 13, 2014

A Few Sketchbook Pages from My Travels



I was really trying to take a break from the busy work of my life when I went on vacation to Hawaii a couple of months ago, so I barely brought any art supplies... only my sketchbook and a few colored pencils. Well, that only lasted a couple of days. Soon I was saving every scrap of paper I could find (plane tickets, sandwich wrappers from the local deli) and scrounging for the extra tape off of to-go orders. Art is just too exciting to put down for any period of time.

Hawaii for me was all about adventure during the day: snorkeling with a sea turtle, exploring the Waimea Canyon, horseback riding through a grove of ficus trees and wild orchids; and then coming home to relax and make collages/draw in the evening.








No comments:

Post a Comment