June 16, 2016

Moth Painting Sneak Peek & Keeping Secrets


Yet another work-in-progress. It's really hard for me to keep secrets of any kind (not my friends' secrets, don't worry). It's just hard not to post the finished painting here, even though I decided to wait for the opening of the show at Small Star Art House in July to publicly post this work. I really only have to wait a couple of weeks to share this series with you, but it's still difficult to keep it a secret. Instead I will just wait until Andrew gets home from work and dance around him like a child until he looks at what I accomplished during my studio time.

When I was about 5 or 6 years old I asked my parents for a surprise birthday party. Somehow, I remained unsuspecting when I went to my grandmother's house without my other 2 siblings on the weekend around my birthday. They really scared me when I returned home. When I opened the front door, a bunch of people I knew jumped up from behind the furniture and were shouting at me. What did I expect??
Today, if I ever get a sense that there is a secret surprise brewing around me, I will ruthlessly hound the informant until I get the information I need in order to avoid that sense of earth-shattering shock (sorry, Andrew).

With that said -- you my dear blog, will get to see these paintings in 2 weeks and 1 day.


No comments:

Post a Comment