September 28, 2016

Black Crested Titmouse

Black Crested Titmouse bird
"Black-Crested Titmouse", acrylic and collage on recycled paper, 6" x 6".

In all honesty, I chose this bird as part of my Birds series because it is adorable. I can't help but smile when I look at pictures of this creature. My concept for the CSA project was Pennsylvania local birds and this I stretched tremendously for the Black-Crested Titmouse as they are native to the Southwest United States (not local at all). Oh well! I did not get a confused email from the new owner of this painting, so I think all is well. What you may find in Pennsylvania, or anywhere near the East Coast of the United States, is the Tufted Titmouse, which looks virtually the same minus the black crest.


Click to buy an eco-friendly print.

No comments:

Post a Comment