October 6, 2016

Sketchbook Monday: a new tradition

Friends, I realized something this past week: I do not use a sketchbook anymore.
My sketchbook routine used to be the main artery to the creative part of my brain, and now my book is just filled with to-do lists and boring half-finished drawings from a year ago. Six or seven years ago I would start on a new book every two or three months because I would finish them so quickly by drawing, painting, and collaging from cover-to-cover. I've had my current sketchbook for over a year! Note: there is nothing wrong with not using a sketchbook; many of my creative peers do not, and that's okay! But for me, this was something I loved and enjoyed and it even brought a little more freshness to my ideas. I'm still very happy with where my creative projects are going, but I think that using a sketchbook again would bring something rich back to my practice.
So I'd like to start a new tradition to jump start my sketchbook practice.  

Every Monday I'm going to be posting at least one spread from my sketchbook here on my blog and I will call it "Sketchbook Monday". Hello, accountability.

If you want to follow along, feel free to check back on Monday evenings or subscribe to the blog to get updates sent to your email address. You can either do this by subscribing to my blog on Bloglovin.com
or by scrolling to the bottom of this page and simply adding your email to my list.


No comments:

Post a Comment