December 13, 2016

Drawing at the Nature Center

Today I decided to give myself off from being in the studio. Things have gotten much better since my last post. I am once again motivated to explore art-making, but I really don't want to be burnt out again anytime soon. So here I am out and about!
What I decided to do with my day off is go to our local nature center, bird watch at their busy bird feeders, and draw in my sketchbook. They have a relatively large collection of donated taxidermy animals which I can choose to draw from. I decided to draw their American Kestrel, which is a beautiful bird though it was undoubtedly more beautiful when it was alive.

If you also work from home, try to throw in a day here and there where you go out to do your work. It has been a delight thus far!


No comments:

Post a Comment